Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Red White and Blue Wedding Cake

No this wasn't actually a cake for a wedding, I'm not that brave yet. (Brides can be a little scary.) My sister in-law asked me to make a mini wedding cake for a co-worker's bridal shower that she was throwing. The brides colors were red, white and blue. I was a little thrown by the colors at first (I didn't want it to look like a flag), but then after searching Pinterest for ideas I was inspired. I didn't follow anyone's design that I know of, I kind of just winged it. The cake itself was lemon covered in lemon cream cheese frosting. Then I covered it all with white fondant and made the flowers out of fondant as well. Then added ribbon around the bases. I was seriously in love with the way this turned out. My sister in-law was also thrilled and said everyone loved it.


Also made some cupcakes, not too fancy.


No comments:

Post a Comment